In what has become the must-see event of the Halloween season, Jack O’ Lantern Spectacular, presented by Thorntons, is returning for the ninth consecutive year to South Louisville’s Iroquois Park from Sept. 30-Oct. 31, 2021.
This year’s theme is “Changing the Channel: A Timeline of Television History,” and will feature your favorite shows from the 1950’s Golden Age of Television to what we stream today on our devices, and everything in between. Guests can weave their way through the woods, filled with familiar faces and scenes from the small screen, set to the iconic theme songs we’ve come to know and love. Attendees should be prepared to relive decades of TV history from Batman to Breaking Bad, the moon landing to MTV, and Get Smart to the Sopranos.
“The Parks Alliance of Louisville and our production company, Passion for Pumpkins, are thrilled to return to the walking path this year, however, everyone’s health and safety will continue to be a priority,” said Brooke Pardue, CEO of the Parks Alliance of Louisville. “We are committed to creating both an enjoyable and safe environment for our guests, staff, and volunteers, and will have protocols in place throughout the show.”
- The event will be open from 7:30-11 p.m., Sunday through Thursday, and until midnight on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The event is held rain or shine. No refunds will be given but tickets purchased in advance may be exchanged for another day.
- To reduce crowds and traffic, there will be timed ticketing for every night of the show.
- Sunday-Thursday pricing: Adults - $15, Seniors (65+) - $13, Children (3-12) - $12
- Friday-Saturday pricing: Adults - $20, Seniors (65+) - $17, Children (3-12) - $15
- Children 2 and under are free
- Proceeds from the event benefit the Parks Alliance of Louisville, and the 100+ public parks in Louisville. To avoid lines, and sold out nights, purchasing tickets at JackOLanternLouisville.org in advance is strongly encouraged.
- In partnership with our presenting sponsor, Thorntons, we will be collecting canned goods for Kentucky Harvest each night of the show.
- Thanks to our sponsor, Republic Bank clients can get $2 off tickets for Tuesday, October 19 ONLY. For online ticket purchases contact your Republic Bank for a discount code or purchase at the gate with a Republic Bank credit/debit card or employee ID.
- The Pre-Lit Bash – Presented by Four Roses is back on opening night, Thursday, September 30. Guests can enjoy spirits (the alcoholic kind), and food before being escorted to the head of the trail.
- Tickets for groups of 25 or more can be purchased in advance by calling 502/742-9120, or emailing email@example.com.
- A special sensory-friendly night will be held on Monday, October 25 with gates opening early at 6 p.m. During this one hour, pumpkins will light up the woods but there will be no music or special effects. Designed for those with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences, and their families, Sensory Night is made possible through the generous support of PNC Bank.
- The entrance is at 1080 Amphitheater Road, at the intersection of New Cut and Kenwood.
- Guests can use the hashtag #502Pumpkins on social to share images and memories made from attending this year’s event.
- Additional sponsors include VIA Studio, LG&E/KU, Morales Group Staffing, Louisville Tourism, Porta Kleen, Hampton Inn Louisville - Northeast.
- Support the Alliance in TWO ways. Purchase your tickets for Jack O’Lantern Spectacular before September 30 and get a code for $5 off your ticket to Winter Woods Spectacular (offer good through 10/31/21)
- Macaroni Kid Evansville is thrilled to be able to giveaway admission tickets to the Jack O'Lantern Spectacular during October! Watch the MKE Facebook page!
The Parks Alliance of Louisville drives equitable investment in our public parks to elevate the wellbeing of the entire community. Formerly the Louisville Parks Foundation (LPF), the nonprofit organization was formed to support public parks not funded by other local nonprofits. Between 2015 and 2019, LPF completed major projects in California, Lannan, and Russell Lee parks, installed 5 turf soccer fields in three South Louisville parks, Beechmont, William Harrison, and Wyandotte, and built the first “Skate Spot” in the Midwest at Breslin Park. For more information, visit www.parksalliancelou.org.
Passion for Pumpkins, Inc. is a multimedia production company with more than 30 years of experience in redefining fall by transforming any landscape into an illuminated organic gallery. Begun as a small family run event used to raise funds for the Oxford School department in Massachusetts, the founders of Passion for Pumpkins and their partners have produced “pumpkin shows” in Rhode Island, Louisville, and Minnesota that have been attended by more than a million patrons.